- The best destinationsof Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang and Shangri-la.
- Discover the natural beauty of Yunnan: Erhai Lake,Tiger Leaping Gorge, Napahai Lake.
- Explore the ethnic groups in Yunnan: Bai,Naxi and Tibetan.
- Enjoy the real life of local people in the ancient towns and villages: Dali Old Town, Xizhou Old Town, Zhoucheng Village, Lijiang Old Town, Yuhu Village, Baisha Old Town, Shuhe Old Town, Dukezong Old Town, and Xiaojiezi Tibetan Village.
- Visit the landmark temple and monastery of Dali and Shangri-la: Chongsheng Temple and Songzanlin Monastery.
Day 1 Dali
Meet your guide at the south gate of Dali Old Town(in Chinese: 大理古城南门) at 09:00 am. Explore Dali Old Town including the Foreigners’ Street, the Ancient City Wall of Dali and The Gate Tower. Then drive to visit Three Pagodas in Chongsheng Monastery.
In the afternoon, transfer to Xizhou Old Town. Walk around this old town to see Bai ethnic traditional archetecture. Taste local three-course tea in Xizhou.Afterwards, drive to Haishe Park to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Erhai Lake.
After that, drive to Zhoucheng Village. Pay a visit to local Tie-Dyeing workshop.
Transfer back to hotel.
Day 2 Dali – Lijiang
In the morning, drive 3 hours to Lijiang. Upon arrival, visit Black Dragon Pool and Dongba Culture Musuem. Then enjoy your free time in Lijiang Old Town.
At 5:00 pm, meet your guide again at Big Waterwheel spot(大水车) in Lijiang Old Town and transfer to hotel.
Day 3 Lijiang
In the morning at 09:00 am, visit Baisha Old Town and Baisha Murals. Afterwards, drive to visit Yuhu Village and Former Residence of Joseph Rock. In the afternoon, transfer to visit Shuhe Old Town.
Day 4 Lijiang – Tiger Leaping Gorge-Shangri-la
In the morning, drive to Qiaotou Town. On the way, have a view of the First Bend of Yangtze River from afar and drive to Upper Tiger Leaping Gorge and stop for 5 minutes for photograph.
Then go on driving to Middle Tiger Leaping Gorge for hiking (about 3 hours). Hike from a place named “14km” to Tina’s Guesthouse.
In the afternoon at 3:30 pm, drive to Shangri-la. Upon arrival, stroll around Dukezong Ancient Town and walk up to the top of Guishan Hill to see the Grand Prayer Wheel and have a panoramic view of Shangri-La city.
Transfer to the hotel.
Day 5 Shangri-La
Pick you up at the hotel. Then drive to visit Songzanlin Monastery and then pay a visit to a local Tibetan village– Xiaojiezi Village and family around the monastery. In the afternoon, transfer to visit Napahai Lake.
In the late afternoon, drive back to Shangri-La downtown and drop you off to Moonshine Square(in Chinese: 月光广场).
- Four nights twin-shared accommodation with breakfast;
- Sharing-vehicle with air conditioners;
- Excellent English-speaking guide;
- Entrance tickets mentioned in the itinerary;
- Two bottles of water each day each person.
- Lunches and dinners;
- International train tickets/flight tickets;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- Any optional programs/activities;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Personal consumption;
- Any picking-up and dropping of service between hotel and airport;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips (USD 5-10/day/personto guide; USD 5-10/day/person to driver).
- extra nights in Dali / Shangri-La
- local trian / flight tickets